Second Judical District
201 W, Colfax Ave, Dept. 801
Denver, CO 80202
July 29, 2019 Contact: Carolyn Tyler, Communications Director, email@example.com, 720-913-9025
DENVER – The Denver VALE Board is requesting proposals to provide services in Denver to victims of crime and/or provide support to law enforcement or judicial processes within the Second Judicial District. The anticipated amount of available funding is approximately $900,000.
Per state law, each judicial district VALE fund is administered by the District Attorney’s Office and governed by a five-member board appointed by the Chief Judge of the District Court. The Denver VALE Board has been instrumental in the start-up of over 20 victim assistance programs.
The Denver VALE Board will give priority consideration to victim services and law enforcement programs which:
- provide direct services to victims
- have demonstrated an effective response to victim needs or provide innovative or unmet victim services
- enhances victim services as defined by the Victims’ Rights Constitutional Amendment does not duplicate other victim services in the 2nd Judicial District
- demonstrates prior experience in providing human services, and
- demonstrates coordination with community agencies (especially victim services) in the Denver area.
Applicants will be required to make formal presentations to the VALE board. This is a twelve- month grant cycle beginning January 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020.
Applications are due no later than 4:00 P.M., MST on August 28, 2019. For more information surrounding application requirements click on this link and scroll down to the section on VALE .